Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

11 Things to Know at 25(ish)

by: Ashley

A few months ago my friend sent me this awesome article: 11 Things to Know at 25(ish)

All 11 things were very insightful but here are my three favorite...

1. You have time to find a job you love

It seems like all my friends (and me included) aren't 100% happy with our current jobs. If we knew the same things freshman year of college as we knew now, most of us would probably have picked different majors.  To all my 25-ish friends, just keep your eyes open for different opportunities that might be right under your nose.  Network with people in different professions and "interview" them about what their job truly consists of. Job shadowing will help you understand the day-to-day functions.  You also have to be realistic about the financial aspect. Your "dream" job may require a hefty investment, or might mean you take a pay cut the first few years until you are established. 

4. Give your best to friends and family

We've all known that friend that when he or she starts dating someone new they tend to disappear from our lives.  All of a sudden, you don't hear from them for months and when you do they only talk about their relationship.  I've had a lot of ups and downs in relationships - and a small group of girls that have been with me through it all.  Without them I'd be lost. These lifelong friendships can't just be tossed aside when you have a new guy in your life.  The same goes even when you are married. Don't "become" your husband. Take time to truly just be with your friends and family sometimes.  Of course it helps when your significant other gets fits right in with your group of friends and your family.  Then  you don't have to choose who to spend time with! 

8. Find a rhythm for spiritual disciplines

I haven't quite mastered this one yet. I tend to get too "busy" and I don't devote enough time to prayer or church. But I know that I'm not even close to being busy yet. I don't have three kids to get ready in the morning or soccer games to rush off too.  If I start good habits now, maybe I can keep them going and pass my good habits on to my future kids. 

Check out the article for the rest of the list. (and Happy Monday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment