Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Naked and Famous Part I

Ok - so Danielle and I thought that our first post should give a little insight into who we are and where we are coming from.  So first thing you have to know about us is that we LOVE music.  Especially live music.  There was a time in our lives (not to long ago) that we went to multiple concerts a week.  [And since we had full time jobs during this period in our life as well, I lived on red bull.]

There's a reason why I'm telling you all of this.  About a year ago our "concert-going" days slowed down.  My job changed and I get up at 5 every morning to make a long commute.  And Danielle of course is woken multiple times a night by a crying baby.  But this engaged girl and that new mommy decided it was time to bring back some music in our lives. And we chose The Naked and Famous at our favorite music venue, The Grenada.

So here it is important to let you know that I go to bed at 9:30 every night to get 8 hours of sleep.  The concert started at 7...meaning the opening act started at 7.  The second act started at 8:30.... and the main act, The Naked and Famous... they didn't go on until 10!!! That's 30 minutes past when I'm usually getting cozy in bed. ... Well somehow I stayed awake (the loud music helped)... and I was quite chipper the next day at work (after a stop at Starbucks).

The point of all this is basically to say that I struggle with the concept of getting older, being a responsible adult and giving up a "carefree" way of life.

Hey so while we've got you here... go check out the Young Blood music video.

And go see The Naked and Famous live because they are amazing!!! That is one hot rocker chick!

No comments:

Post a Comment