I have been wanting to share this recipe for a while because it is just so delish! I cook for some picky eaters and this lasagna recipe is a favorite, I have even heard that you can't even tell that it doesn't have the regular noodles! How about that?
1-2 Eggplants (Sliced into very thin strips)
1lb Chicken or Turkey Sausage Browned (I usually get spicy)
10 oz Frozen Spinach (Thawed and Drained)
1 Jar of your favorite Spaghetti Sauce
1 15 oz container of Cottage Cheese
4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 Cup Parmesan
1 Tbl Italian Seasoning
1. Preheat Oven to 375 ( We will use a 13 X 9 baking dish)
2. Combine beaten eggs, cottage cheese, two cups mozzarella, italian seasoning and parmesan.
3. Combine browned sausage and pasta sauce.
4. The first layer- Eggplant, Cheese Mixture, Spinach, Meat Sauce then repeat as many times as you would like... I fill mine up to the top. So after your last layer you will put more eggplant on top and then top with the remaining mozzarella.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes (to brown the top)
Usually in the last five minutes I like to stick garlic bread in the oven. Its quick and easy... take some bread (whatever you have is fine...rolls, loaf bread, french) cut bread into slices if it isnt already. Spread butter and sprinkle garlic powder (sprinkle some cheese if you want to get crazy) and stick it in the oven.
My mom actually crushes fresh garlic and mixes it with her butter then butters the bread.... but this is my crazy schedule busy mom short cut :)
P.S. The photo is of a smaller version of the dish...