Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Fruit Smoothies

by: Ashley

I know I mentioned smoothies a couple weeks ago (briefly) but I wanted to talk more in depth about it.  Fruit smoothies are great for breakfast, mid-day snack, or even dessert.  My honey complains about how expensive it is to eat healthy but I added up the cost per smoothie and it comes out to less than $2.

I get my bags of fruit ready on Sunday nights and put them in the freezer to use through out the week.

- 2 boxes of strawberries: $8
- 1 box of blueberries: $2
- 1 pineapple: $4
- 5 apples: $4
- 2 bananas: $0.50

So the total price is about $18.50 for 12 bags, plus the price of milk or juice if you add that as your liquid base. At that price you can't use money as an excuse to not eat healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment