Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday DIY - Candle Holder Makeover

by: Ashley

I could not for the life of me think of a DIY to write about today!! I know I should have been more prepared but I got my wisdom teeth out last week and the medicines made it hard to focus. 

But it finally came to me, and as a result I avoided sending this boring candle holder to the dump:

Remember the post I did during the 25 days of Christmas for the DIY Pearl Ornament - well I happened to have a few pearls left.   I thought it would be pretty awesome to have pearls be a part of my everyday decor! 

This was so easy and only took about an hour.  All you need is a glass candle holder, a hot glue gun and a couple glue sticks.  


So when I was done with the pearls, I thought it looked a little... blah.  I went into my unofficial craft room to see if I had anything to dress it up a little.  I found some gold ribbon (left over from Christmas) and a skeleton key charm from Michaels.  It gave it a more finished look, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment