Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

25 Days of Christmas - Day #2 DIY Pearl Ornament

Wow - time is flying by. It's already December 2 which means only 23 more shopping days!!! Earlier today I was already stressing about all the things I have to do this weekend. Putting up the Christmas tree, helping my mom put up her 10 ft Christmas tree, shopping for Christmas gifts, shopping for an engagement party dress, finding the perfect gift to give to the host and hostess of the engagement party, wrapping up a couple more DIYs to post for you guys... Ahhhh the list gets overwhelming!!!

And I'm sure you guys can all relate.  This time of year is supposed to be cheerful but sometimes it just gets so demanding and stressful! Well we hope to take some of the stress away and give you some awesome gift ideas as well as some fun DIY Christmas decoration ideas.

I saw this pearl ornament on Pinterest pinned from Do It Yourself Divas blog.  Click the link to their blog to see the ornament or check it out here on my Christmas Pinterest Board.


So I decided to give it a try - and I'm so happy that I did!! It came out beautiful and will be my favorite ornament on the tree this year. The DIY Divas did it with a broken necklace - well I didn't have one of those laying around so I bought these glass pearls from Michael's:

I started out using super glue.  It actually worked really well but got messy and sticky.  Probably better to use a hot glue gun.  And I would totally recommend using tweezers to hold the pearls instead of getting the glue all over your fingers.  And whatever you do, don't try to use that fabric or jewelry glue - it doesn't dry fast enough and the pearls just fall off!!!
Just keep gluing the pearls on until you've covered the ball.  And that's all there is to it.  Add a ribbon and voila! You have a Hand-Made ornament for your tree.  This would also make a pretty cool present!!

Ok - so I told a friend of mine that I was going to be doing another Christmas Gift Guide today. But the truth is that I totally ran out of time to do the proper research.  But I'm not going to leave her empty handed!!  This website has some really AWESOME deals on decorations and crafts.  So if you aren't feeling very DIY - you can score some great deals on decorations.  It's called Save on Crafts but while they offer products for crafting, they also have a ton of products that are ready to go.

Like this Rhinestone Crystal Sphere for $8:
Or this oh-so-gorgeous ribbon and pearl garland for $24.99:


Ok - so as a special gift this December - Dani and I won't be posting just Monday through Friday.  Look for our posts on the weekends too!!! Especially this weekend since I'll be coming back to you with another Christmas Gift Guide!!! I have some really AH-MAZING inspiration for what to get the guy in your life, whether it be your honey, dad, brother or best friend!! Oh and Dani gave some awesome inspiration for gifts girls would love to get from their boo... but now we'll be throwing out even more ideas for what to get our best friends, sisters and moms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment