Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

25 Days of Christmas - Day #8 Another.....DIY Ornament

By: Danie

Hope everyone is having a great hump day! Well today I wanted to show everyone my DIY ornament. I have actually made these before as keepsakes for my friends Grandma and Mom with him in his army class a's minus the glitter! Its a great gift to give around the holidays especially to grammys and poppys!

Supplies
  • Clear Ornaments
  • Glitter
  • Clear Stamp Pad
  • Ribbon or Christmas Paper
  • Picture
  • Clear Spray Paint


First we stamped Mikey's tootsies with the clear stamp pad glue then rolled it on the ornament and dipped in glitter. At first it wont look great because the static makes glitter stick where there is no glue just use a little brush to get it off.
{couldn't get him to open his hand for anything but if you can get your little person's hand to open let me know how you did it!}.

I didn't have ribbon so I just curled some Christmas paper to spruce up the back of the ornament.

The final step is to trace the circle of the ornament on the picture you want use then cut and stick it in the top of the ornament. Seal with clear spray paint to keep the glitter on it.
{be very careful with the top of the ornament, I have had a ton break on me getting the top on and off}

Donesky!

Grammy's gift is ready to stick in the cute Christmas themed Chinese take out box with some tissue paper for cushioning. Great gift for everyone!!




No comments:

Post a Comment