Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2011

25 Days of Christmas - Day #17 DIY Wreath

By: Danie

So we have been lovin' these wreaths and whats one more?? Hope you enjoy and this one was really easy and quick!


Initially I was going to go buy a Styrofoam or straw wreath but I saw that beauty {i.e. the ugliest wreath EVER} at goodwill for $1.50.... you really can't beat that! My other materials include burlap garland, felt and pins. It was a really easy process, first you wrap the burlap around and pin as you go.

The hardest part will be making the flowers. You can make any felt flowers that you want but I was playing around with mine to make these flowers I saw online. To make these you cut out six circles, fold them in half and then cut the bottom off about 3/4 of the way down. I put red thread through all the circles and made a tight circle and had to pull the petals out. My close up of the big one doesn't look that great I had to reposition it a little.



Here is my new beautiful front door!
{I have made a bunch of wreaths and finally I've made one for myself!!!}
This was super fun and super easy of you have any questions just leave a comment! P.S. I think this would be an awesome gift even if you dont make it for christmas you can make something that is year round appropriate ;) Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment