Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

25 Days of Christmas - Day #12 Advent Calendars

by: Ashley

Growing up I don't think my family ever did the Advent calendar.  This year, thanks to the wonderful site Pinterest, I've seen some REALLY cute ideas but I wanted to understand the idea behind the Advent Calendar first.  Yes, the calendar is one way to count down the days to Christmas, but it really is to help us remember that Christmas is much more important than just one day.  Advent is about celebrating the entire Christian season and not just one day. 

Well, I didn't have time to make an Advent Calendar but I think I will get a jump on it and make one for next year.  Here are my favorite ideas from around the web:

1. The Advent Pocket Calendar
Place various activities in the pockets (i.e. visiting Santa Clause, making cookies, volunteer, donate toys, watch a Christmas movie, etc.)

Check out the original post here.

2. Silhouette Advent Calendar


Check it out here. 

3.  Pottery Barn Inspired Framed Advent Calendar

Check it out here.

These ladies who made these are all so creative!!! And I wish I had time to make one this year for my home, but I'll just have to plan ahead for next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment