Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2011

25 Days of Christmas - Day #25 Christmas has arrived

by: Ashley

Whew!! I know Christmas isn't about decorating and baking and gift-giving, but yet, we all tend to get a little stressed with those things.  So it's somewhat of a relief when the day is finally here.  The day where I get to eat all the cupcakes I've been baking and watch my nephew and niece open up their presents and just relax with family watching cheesy Christmas specials. 

But right now I'm not relaxing...because I took on this recipe from Always with Butter:

Well, you'll notice in the recipe that she suggests the use of an stand mixer.  Not only do I not have a stand mixer... but I don't even have an electric hand mixer.  I didn't think it was going to be a problem, but now I've been whisking and whisking and whisking away... and my cloud frosting isn't forming any peaks :( 

I know it's odd that I don't have an electric mixer - but I'm in the middle of moving in with my fiance and I might have one somewhere in a box that is still packed.  I've tried not to buy too many kitchen items because I've registered for a lot of those items already.  I'm hoping that maybe the frosting will keep in the fridge until I can take it over to mom's house and use her electric mixer.  Wish me luck!!!

But anyhow, I hope you guys are enjoying the day with loved ones, and, most of all, remember what today is all about.  (Besides enjoying tamales and egg nog and cookies)

By the way - I just wanted to say how much Danie and I have enjoyed writing this blog! We've written a little over 50 posts now (crazy right?!!) and love hearing feedback.  I especially loved this 25 days of Christmas series we've done, but I hope you don't mind if we take a small little break to regroup and figure out our next direction.  

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! And we'll be back before the New Year :)

1 comment: