Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Picture Perfect Start to the New Year!

By: Danie

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a fun New Year!

Well, I had a fantastic Christmas this year because my love got me something I have wanted for a very very long time! Behold the greatness that is my new camera....


In high school I took photography and you really learn a lot in that class! However that was many moons ago so my sweet fiance also got me a certificate for Chimpsy. For those of you who aren't in the know {don't worry, I had no idea either :P} this is an online community that caters to photographers, they have  tips and tricks online, videos, online classes and in person classes. The service is available in multiple cities, not just Dallas. It isn't just for learning to use digital SLR cameras you can also learn how to take amazing photos with your point and shoot!

It's amazing how your picture taking increases when you have a kid! You want to document every smile and cry.... the good, the bad, the ugly. I think I need more technical assistance to get the most out of my machine {choosing settings and navigating the options}. 

If you are in the market for a camera I am happy to share this little bit of advice {I have done hours of research} Nikon vs. Canon, one is not better than the other. They are so comparable it is rare that you will read a review that will blatantly say one is better than the other, just go to the store and see which one feels better in your hands. Also, my other reason for choosing the Nikon was because my brother has a Nikon DSLR so we can share lenses and other gadgets.

Here are a couple of photos I took in New York of with my camera!

9/11 Memorial

Baby Michael

Well I just had to tell everyone about my new camera and Chimpsy!! I feel like I have been so lazy lately no blogging, crafting or sewing. In my defense we went on two trips in December and I am currently at death's door, "I've got the black lung pop."
 {I'm not a drama queen...well, maybe a little ;)}



No comments:

Post a Comment