Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

Fitness Friday

We thought it would be a good idea to have the blog focus on fitness on Fridays.  It's an awful feeling when you spend all week long eating right and working out and then go on a 3-day binge come Friday through Sunday.  I'm not saying to hold back on the weekends from happy hour and social outings... but I always feel more confident in my body after a really good workout.  The bottom line for me is that working out = being able to relax and have fun later.


I definitely know what it's like to be in a workout slump.  Sometimes I go to the gym and just stare {literally} at the equipment... there's nothing new to do.... it gets boring... or {worst of all} I realize I am the only female in the gym and you don't want to draw attention to yourself.

I'm always letting these fears/hesitations get the best of me.  I've got to get it through my thick head that the gym doesn't belong to the men, and there are thousands {or millions?} of resources on the web with new exercises for me to try. And MOST IMPORTANTLY... I will NOT look like the hulk if I life some weights.

I'm also always checking out social sites like Groupon or Living Social - there are deals for month of unlimited yoga or boxing... or even those Pole Dancing classes {that I really want to do but I'm too scared!!!}. It could be a great opportunity to try something new and get fit at the same time.

Ok - well I can't sign off on a Fitness Friday post without providing you with some fitness tips. So here is one idea that I've seen floating around Pinterest:
                                                                  Source: sidebysideblog.blogspot.com via Ashley on Pinterest

 Happy weekend y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment