Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Miss Me Jeans make me Miss My Money

by: Ashley

Ok - I know the title is... cheesy (to say the least).  But just bear with me as I take you through my mindset. I have never spent more than $40 on a pair of jeans. Except the time that I bought NY and Company jeans for $60 but they were buy one get one... so in my mind I was spending only $30 per pair.  It's not that I don't value jeans. I actually really love jeans. But I shop relatively often, which means I will be homeless if I don't find ways to stretch my money.

Well we all know the golden rule when shopping: DON'T EVER TRY ON SOMETHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO PURCHASE.

If you don't want to spend money, don't try it on. Because I guarantee you, that when you put on that item it will be the most GLAMOROUS / FANTASTIC / ROCK-YOUR-WORLD piece of apparel you have ever slipped on.

So here it is. I had been complaining for months that I don't like any of my jeans.  They make my hips look wide, or they give me a muffin top, or they make my butt look flat.  I knew I needed jeans, but figured I hate trying them on when they never seem to fit right.  But there I was at the department store when I saw these:

Source: belk.com via Ashley on Pinterest

Aren't they GA-GA-Gorgeous!? I didn't want to try them on (due to the price), but I was desperately in need for jeans.  So I did... and the rest is history.... I fell in love with they way they cup the curves (in a good way).

Do I regret it? NOT AT ALL.  $120 is worth a pair of jeans that you can feel comfortable and confident in.

What apparel items do you guys invest in? I think the only other items I've spent over $100 on are winter coats and suede boots...

No comments:

Post a Comment