Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

DIY Elbow Patches

By: Danie

So I have said this before and I will say it again its so hard to find cute baby boy clothes! Little touches can make a big difference on a plain ol' onesie, a bow tie, felt cut outs or elbow patches?? Yes, elbow patches! Who would have thought these elbow patches would be so much fun?

This is a really easy DIY that I just threw together. I wanted to sew the patches on with embroidery thread {thicker than normal thread} but I just didnt have the time to do it. However if you are going to tackle this, I think that would be a nice finishing touch.



Supplies
  • Long Sleeve Onesie {I dyed mine, FYI- the Tulip brand at walmart is great I don't like Rit brand}
  • Fabric
  • Fabric Tac
  • Scissors
  • Backing {I used felt but you can use interfacing}
  • Cardboard is optional if you want to make a pattern
First you will need to cut out an oval pattern, if you want to go that route. To make the fabric easier to cut and sturdier you will need to fabric tac it to the felt. From there trace two of the patterns on the felt side and cut out. Finally you will fabric tac the ovals to the shirt, remember you want to do this on the back side of the sleeves where his or her elbows will be. Just a little tip, get the fabric tac right on the edge but not on the fabric- its unforgiving if you get it on fabric that will show.

Voila!
Cutest little dude or dudette that you ever did see. I may pair Mikey's with some home made suspenders and courderoys.

"I love when momma dresses me up!"




No comments:

Post a Comment