Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday Fitness - My Wedding Fitness Goals

by: Ashley

Happy “Day-After-Turkey-Day”


Are you guys laying around miserable after stuffing your faces full of turkey, potatoes, rolls, and delicious desserts? Or are you out burning the calories with some fierce Black Friday shopping?

Yesterday, I ran in a Turkey Trot 5K. It was about 45 degrees and I had to get up at 6 AM but I loved every minute of it. What better way to start a day that is usually just for eating than by getting your butt in high gear?

So today I wanted to bring the blog back to our normal Friday Fitness. Next month will be focused on Christmas here on the blog so we might not do another Fitness post until January :(

But today I want to talk about fitness from a Bride-to-Be perspective. It seems like everyone assumes that a Bride-to-be wants to lose weight before her wedding. I don’t think this is true for every bride. I admit that I want to lose 10-15 pounds, but it’s the same 10-15 pounds that I wanted to lose before I was engaged. Now I just have a deadline to my goal.

So to make myself accountable, I’m going to put it ALL out there for you guys.

Current Weight: 144
Goal Weight: 130

Current Hip Measurement: 41 inches
Goal Hip Measurement: 36 inches

Current Waist Measurement: 27 inches
Goal Waist Measurement: 25 inches

Ok, the hardest goal to meet will be the hips (seriously – I want to lose 5 inches!!!) but the dress I picked is REALLY form fitting and that makes me a little nervous. I feel beautiful in it, but I want everyone else to see me that way too!

So I have just over 6 months to reach these goals. And this month will be a struggle since I’m surrounded by sweets during the Holidays. But with support from friends and family and most importantly my fiancé, I’m confident that I can do it. I’m going to work hard so that in January on my 5 month mark I can report back results to you guys and hopefully have some tips on what worked for me and what didn’t.

And for any fitness and nutrition gurus out there – give me some tips that will help me lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment