Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Treats

Happy Thanksgiving Week!! I know some of you all are probably taking the whole week off to relax with family and friends {and then there are others of us who have to work} but either way its a time to be thankful for what we have.  So to help you make the most of the week, here are two delectable desert ideas!!
I found this recipe last year on the All Recipes site, but here are my suggestions for a few modifications:
I love dark chocolate so I use the Hershey's dark chocolate cocoa powder.  Also, I make more crust than the recipe calls for - I use two of the sleeves of graham crackers from the box and 1/2 cup each of sugar and cocoa powder.  And I end up needing about two sticks of butter to moisten the crust enough to stick to the pan.  
This was a HUGE hit last year, and mom specifically asked me to make it again this year!

This next recipe I have not tried yet - but it looks so freakin' amazing!! My mouth is watering looking at the pictures!
Picture from Our Best Bites blog posting
You can find the directions over at the Our Best Bites blog but just check out the ingredients!!! How can you go wrong with toffee and cheesecake??
2 cups cinnamon graham crackers
1 stick butter
 2 8-oz packages cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
5 eggs
1 bag toffee bits
1 15-oz can pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
1/8 teaspoon salt
whipped cream for topping


My family and I are celebrating Thanksgiving today actually - so that means I don't have to wait too long to sink my teeth into that delicious chocolate chip cheesecake!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment