Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

T-Shirt Mania

by Ashley

Happy Wednesday lovelies! Today I have a quick and easy tip to share with you about refashioning t-shirts.  Earlier this year when the DALLAS MAVERICKS won the championship, I was lucky enough to get to attend a couple of the playoff games.  During those games, they gave away playoff t-shirts to everyone in attendance! Awesome right...well...that t-shirt was an X-Large. But no problem because with a pair of scissors and some creativity you can turn any t-shirt into a FASHION statement.

I turned the Mavericks t-shirt into a halter.  I cut down the neck to give it a slight v-neck.  I cut the sleeves completely off, and I cut out the back of the shirt a little more than half way.  How deep you cut everything is completely up to you and depends on how much skin you are willing to show.
Then I cut a slit down the middle of the back.  And cut 2 inch strips to tie the shirt back together (to make it fit the waist).



Sorry I don't have more pictures. I made this shirt before we started the blog! But let me know if you have any questions.   And it looks a little scandalous but you can always wear a bandeau top underneath to minimize the visible skin.

Here's one more that's really quick and simple. Take a t-shirt that is slightly big on you (not XLarge big), I bought a men's medium.  Cut around the collar about 2 to 3 inches creating a large scoop neck.  And that's it.  Start small and trim the cut more as you go so you don't do too much.

See how the shirt falls off the shoulder? I was wearing an orange tank top underneath, and I knotted the bottom of the shirt in the back to make it tight around the waist.  Oh...and I decided I should introduce you all to my fiance :) Isn't he adorable?!?

I have LOTS more ideas for shirts and I can't wait to try them! I'll definitely take more instructive photos on the next set of shirts.

And - in case you're wondering - those gorgeous earrings are $3.80 from Forever 21.

Let me know if you guys have any other tricks for making a large t-shirt fit or refashioning it into something trendy.

Hope you have a gorgeous Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment